Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yikes, the other shoe fell!

Hot with a high of 90 degrees, yuck!

I got up early to get all my watering done before it got hot, then I had to go to work for the day :-(
Since my workroom has no windows, I can't really say what went on in my yard today, but . . .

What I can say is, I could hardly see out of my left eye all day because of the swelling. Yesterday while we were planting trees, I got stung in the morning above my left eye by a bee, and later in the afternoon around 4:ish when the blackflies came out, two got me on the inside corner of the same eye. I knew when I went to bed my eye was swelling, but didn't really think too much more about it . . .

Until morning when I woke and my vision was blurry and my eye felt tight. When I looked in the mirror I saw the swelling was even worse at the inside corner of my eye. Oh well, I wouldn't be the first New Englander with a swollen face after gardening. From Mother's Day to Father's Day, blackflies come with the territory.