Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Honorable mention -

Absolute gorgeous day with a high of 75.

My white Coreopsis are in bloom, despite the fact the chipmunks keep eating the buds off. I saw one in the Coreopsis bush and scolded him, telling him he was being a very bad boy! When he turned to look at me he had white petals all over the end of his nose, ha, caught in the act! If he hadn't been so darn cute I might have gotten mad.

I can't be certain, but I think this is the same chipmunk who's eating the fruit off my Adams crabapple tree because they are both in the same flowerbed.

This is Punkin on the deck trying to convince me to let her chase the chipmunks. She can't figure out why we let these renegades run amuck in the yard.

The only good thing about the lack of rain is the fact we have NO mosquitoes and can sit on the deck!