Thursday, June 10, 2010

More rain - yeah!

Cloudy with light rain all day, in my area we received .75" of precip, high of 60.

Light rain all day precluded me from working in the yard, but that's okay, we really need the moisture. With the rain we've been getting the fertilizer is starting to kick in, I'll be mowing quite frequently again for a while.

Too bad I had the echocariogram yesterday, or I would have gotten the lower half of the yard mowed. I'm afraid when I can finally get down there to mow, it will be time to call the bailers again. Maybe I should just plant timothy grass down there and have the Joppa Hill hobby farm come and take care of it for me ;-).

Some of the To Do's I need to take care of in the next 30 days:
  • Edge the flowerbeds
  • Trim the Goldmounds, Weigelas, Roses, Lilacs, Burning Bush and Bradford Pear tree.
  • Fertilize the Rhodos
  • Spray the backhill with Roundup
  • Cut trees out of the pines on the back ridge
  • Weed the flowerbeds, again
  • Spray the weeds in the grass
Last but not least, plant 7 - 15 gallon trees, 1 - 10 gallon tree, 6 - 5 gallon fruit bushes, 12 - 1 gallon daylilies, 2 -1 gallon lowbush blueberries, to name a few . . . of course I'll be planting these over the course of the summer. I'm glad this is the last of the planned flowerbeds.

Along with mowing, trimming, fertilizing, spraying, and other miscellaneous chores in the yard, I'll be fairly busy this summer . . . :-).