Thursday, June 3, 2010

Again, warm and dry, it's like a broken record -

Mostly sunny and more humid, with a high of 82.

About noon I was walking up the driveway towards the house when a mink (it was black, and with the tail about 18 inches long) jumped from one of the trees by the creek and startled me. I could hear all the red squirrels .were off doing their "drums along the mill pond hollow" routine, so they must have been trying to alert each other to the danger. I'm going to guess he was after one of them? I didn't know mink could climb trees . . .

On the bright side, after the red fox killed a mink two weeks ago and I saw it taking the dead mink to the den, I was afraid he'd gotten all of them. But there are more on the property, yeah! Sometimes is hard to watch how harsh nature can be.

Then in the afternoon Punkin and I were sitting on the deck when a baby chipmunk ran up the Adams Crabapple tree and promptly scrounged every morsel he could get from the tree branches. What the little booger was eating is unknown to me, and I'm not sure I want to know.

I'm feeling less dizzy today, just a little tired still.