Friday, June 4, 2010

Warm and dry -

Sunny and warm with low humidity, so it didn't feel all that bad with a high of 86.

Watered in the AM, boy do we need water. It's getting very hard to keep the lower grass watered that's on it's own. I wish now we would have put sprinklers down there, but at the time we could barely afford sprinklers in the upper yard.

Mowed the upper side and back in the PM, but had to double mow, which is what I call it when I can only mow half a mower swatch, 12" instead of 21", with each pass. This is painfully slow, and even then it's necessary to rake after wards. To mow full strips without raking I would be mowing some part of the yard every other day - I'd rather rake.

I decided to raise the level of my mower to the next notch because of the dry conditions. I will probably have to leave it there until September, unless we start getting frequent rains.