Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Absolute gorgeous day;

Today is even more beautiful than yesterday, sunny with a high of 71.

This is more like May weather we're having in June, but believe me, I'm not complaining.

In the morning after watering, I decided it was time for the preformed concrete dividers in the front flowerbed to be removed. I'd been thinking about this for a while, and after the rain storm on Monday, the mulch had washed into the rocked pathway. I'd used the concrete dividers thinking they would channel the water away, but every time we get a hard rain, the gutters overflow and the rock gets a bunch of mulch mixed into it, I give up!

In the picture you can make out the preformed concrete Don and I worked really hard to get in level . . . oops!

I've decided instead to go with a natural look by using large rocks to divide the flowerbed from the path, much like I used in the back flowerbed. The only problem being, we've used up all the rock on top of the ground, so it's either go rock hunting, or wait until we hit more rock when we start planting again. Not in the mood to hunt for rocks, or plant, I decided to mow :-).

I actually made good time mowing the upper yard. Since it had only been 3 days since I last mowed, and the fertilizer hadn't really kicked in yet, I was able to mow using the full width of the mower. I hadn't been able to do that since early spring, yeah!