Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gorgeous day yet again, I'm getting spoiled!

Sunny and windy with a high of 72; I'll take this kind of weather in June any day!

First thing in the morning I took the preformed concrete to the dump, and while I was at the rock pile, I noticed another person picking and choosing rock to take home. I said to myself, dah, why don't you do that, it's a lot easier than going rock hunting. So that's what I did.

I went through a 30' long and 20' high rock pile looking for nice looking rocks that weren't too heavy or hard to reach. After I thought I'd picked up enough "nice" looking rocks for my hose-path, I went home and placed them.

When I was finished I didn't take a picture because the rocks were still pretty dirty, and I knew I needed to get more river rock for the pathway itself. I'll take a picture when it's finished, and let you be the judge of whether it looks better or not . . .

After lunch while waiting for my echocardiogram appointment, I decided to take pictures of some of the new flowers in bloom.

The 1st picture is of my Little Princess Spirea in FB#7 that's between my back sidewalk and deck. You can also see my fountain, my frog rain gauge, my new solar lights, our patio table w/umbrella, and at the far end of the patio, our fire pit and chairs.

The 2nd picture is of my Goldmound Spirea that are in FB's 1 & 2 at the front of the house. The hose-path I worked on yesterday divides beds 1 & 2.

The 3rd picture is of FB#3 which is in front of the living room bay and at the end of the west side of the house. You can see the Goldmound Spirea in bloom behind the Stela d'Oros, which are just starting to bloom.