Monday, August 2, 2010

More weeding, pulling, trimming . . . Ugh!

Partly Cloudy but nice with a high of 84.

Since I was in the groove, I decided to just keep going. Remember those Spireas and Stellas I was blogging about earlier? Well, it is now time to pay the pied piper for how beautiful they looked earlier. They are now out of bloom and have to be trimmed and deadheaded. I finally finished the 9th Spirea before lunch, and started in on the Stella's (all 12 of them) right after. Three 55 gallon contractor bags later, I'm done . . . stick a fork in me. I've finished weeding and trimming FB's #1, #2, & #3.

Also, remember those frogs I was blogging about? I was cutting back some Cottoneaster's by the Stella's when a large Leopard Frog jumped onto a Cottoneaster branch and gave me "the" look. If looks could kill, I'd be out cold. It was not at all happy it's home had been ransacked. I must have really disturbed it too, because I keep running into it now by the sidewalk, and I never knew it existed before.

This is the same type of frog that live in, or near, the vernal pond that is now dry.