Thursday, August 5, 2010

DO THE DANCE . . . 2.6" OF RAIN, YES!

Cloudy and humid, in fact, by the time we reached our high of 85 degrees, it was down right oppressive!

With temps in the high 80's and with dew points in the 70's, after watering in the AM I did nothing more in the yard. We had a 40% chance of rain which was high for us, so we figured just another Hazy, Hot and Humid day with no precip.

I happened to be blogging when about 3PM it started to rain. I didn't think much of it because we often get a few sprinkles that really don't amount to much. After 10 to 15 minutes it was still raining, and I started to get my hopes up. After half an hour I was getting down right giddy.

Then the clouds opened up and really let loose, and we had us a downpour for about an hour. Afterwards, when the sun was starting to peak out at about 6:30, we went out to check the rain gauge and we'd gotten 2.6 inches of rain!

While the downpour did not help the trees all that much, we did have water in our pond again. So we're hopeful the downpour filled enough low lying areas for the wildlife to find water again.

So, I don't care what kind of dance you do, but you have to do a dance.