Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What a revolting development -

I woke this morning to a low of 32 with snowflakes falling :-(

I now think it's late enough in the day to see that nothing really took any damage. I was most worried about the Crabapple trees and Azaleas in full bloom, but "so" far so good. The Goldmound Spireas looked like they had a lot of frost on their leaves, so I'll be keeping a close eye on them as well.

As I write this the Bluejays are making their usual raucous noise in the backyard as they dive bomb the trays full of peanuts. We currently have 6 regulars, which are grown-up baby jays from last year's nests. The parents always leave their young with the good feeding grounds, talk about great parenting skills!

I found the most unique wildflower in the woods the other day, I've no idea what it is, anyone out there have any guesses?