Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Despite the rain, the PJM Rhodo's are gorgeous!

We only reached a high of 49 today, the low front with cooler temps and rain has finally reached us. But to be honest, things were starting to get a little dry, so we can use the rain.

The mountains are suppose to get 1 to 2 feet of snow, I hope it doesn't get cold enough for me to worry about the tender plants in the yard. I continue to take the strawberries and tomatoes out each morning and bring them back in each night. I may just have to back the car out tomorrow night and put the fruit trees in the garage. Although they were locally grown, you never know.

Despite the rain and drizzle, the PJM's are just gorgeous right now so I stopped to take a picture on my way to run errands. The dogwoods beside them are starting to leaf. In fact, all the shrubs right now are going crazy, the Stella d' Oros must be over a foot high. I guess that's what 60 degree, sunny days will do; along with a little fertilizer!

Mr Mallard was on the pond today and yesterday, but I haven't seen Mrs Mallard, I wonder if she's nesting, or if it's too early for that, I honestly don't know.