Saturday, April 24, 2010

All the hard work is paying off -

Reached a high of 66 today, it was sunny and gorgeous, a perfect day for working in the yard.

Mr & Mrs Mallard were on the pond this morning, I pretended I didn't see them so they wouldn't fly away. They are so darn cute!

After taking Punkin for a ride and a walk, I deleafed FB #1A then worked slow-release fertilizer in and watered. While I was in the area I cut back the Cottoneasters which were starting to get out of control. Mr Bumble Bee was there as usual on the Andromeda which is in full bloom.

I am starting to think I may have killed the frontyard Green Mountain Maple tree. It's been in a bud phase for well over a week now, with no new progress. I watered it on a slow trickle for a couple of hours today. I double checked the drip-line diameter and the fertilizer instructions, and I did everything by the book. Still, I can't figure out what else could have killed it, I put the spikes in about 3 weeks ago . . . .

I picked up the last of the twigs and branches in Tiers W2 & W3, wow, does that do a number on the back. I think I currently have 9 or 10 55 gallon bags to take to the dump. All told, I've probably picked up 25 bags worth.

When Don was on his way to Ashton/Christopher to pick up my earrings, he saw a mink on the inlet side of the driveway by Mill Pond Creek. Don tried to come get me so I could see it, but it was gone by the time I got down there.

I'm way ahead of last year for April, starting tomorrow it's suppose to rain for 3 days :-(.

When I came in from working in the yard tonight, there were Wild Turkeys in both the front and back yards. I wonder what the one in front was trying to eat in my flowerbed . . . ?

Later in the evening - I just looked out the family room window, the ducks are back after being gone for most of the day . . . I wonder if they will actually nest by the "honeymoon/duck pond" this year. I'd love to see baby ducks, but we have soooooo many preditors.